Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, “Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”  I like that quote.  It makes me think of God and love.  I remember once being at church and my mother had written this beautiful prayer about Martin Luther King, Jr.  She got halfway through reading it before the tears came.  Once she began crying, she could not stop so the pastor came up behind her and continued reading the prayer where she left off.  It was very moving.  Also, I recall that anytime I have visited a Unitarian church the sermon has been about Martin Luther King, Jr. (which is an interesting coincidence).  I admire his courage.  Each day, I try to be courageous and sometimes I am, but not always.  Today was a good day.  I felt fine.  I sang.  I tried my utmost to make every person I came into contact with feel-like-a-million-bucks.  I did not know this until recently, but apparently, I sing a lot at work.  I only sing because it helps me to stay lighthearted and not stress.  I will close with another quote from MLK, Jr. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment