Sunday, March 18, 2012

farewell February

In my humble opinion, February arrived and exited the stage in the blink of an eye.  There was so much going on.  One second, I’m at work and I notice a text message on my phone... ”Whitney Houston is dead.”  WHAT!!!??? Then, a guy asked me out(kind of a big deal).  We had award season: the Grammys and Oscars.  At work, I adapted to having a new boss with a different managerial style.  Every day when I commute, I pass by a gang of pigeons.  These birds inspire me.  They take flight and cruise through the sky in a tight diamond shaped formation. In my imagination, these birds understand the secret to happiness.  On Valentine’s Day, I rented The Lady and the Tramp and purchased wild bird seed for my flighty friends.  I drove to where the pigeons hang out and emptied the bag out in the open.  They quickly caught on.  I could almost see Mary Poppin’s smiling face, up in the clouds, looking down on me.  She’d say, “Yes, feed the birds...you are practically perfect in every way.” Meanwhile, I was reminded that The Lady and the Tramp is a wonderful film.  Lady is adorable.  Jim dear, darling,  the Tramp, Crusty and Jacque are the main characters.  When I was younger, I recall being impressed by Jim dear and darling’s married life.  Of course, now I know that ‘real’ married life isn’t the same as ‘Disney’ married life.  Do pigeons mate for life?  According to information on the world wide web, pigeons do.  Of course, if they find love-on-the-side (like most wild creatures in the natural world) they probably take it.  I had two comedy gigs and my dad’s birthday.  We celebrated my dad’s birthday by going to a little hole in the wall or dive, called Fred’s Cafe.  I don’t usually eat beef.  However, I devoured a blue cheese burger on this happy occasion.  It was so good.  I was licking my fingertips to consume every remaining morsel or lingering taste. FACT: That blue cheese burger rocked my world!!  Happy Birthday dad.  You are the coolest dude in the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment