Thursday, April 30, 2015

New Life

         As Spring is in full bloom, I’m feeling heady and elated.  When God closes a door, somehow he manages to leave one window open.  Sure someone stole my Burr Oak, but my Flame Acanthus is alive!  It was a miracle when I discovered that it had survived winter.  Nature is full of surprises.  The Black-chinned hummingbirds are back in my area.  They are so fun to watch.  It’s difficult for me to imagine their flight to Mexico.  When a bird migrates, it requires 7 to 15 times more energy than usual.  If you think you can run a 4 minute mile nonstop for 80 hours, then you have what it takes to migrate.
     I probably overuse the word migrate.  It’s only because I like it so much.
         After clocking out at work, I will look at my coworkers, “I’m gonna migrate home.”
        Occasionally at Kroger, I’ll encounter a confused shopper. After a lengthy discussion I’ll make a recommendation, “You should really migrate to the salt aisle.”
        On a date, when I describe my history, “Yes, sometimes when I migrate I’m faking it.”
  Migrating aside, I’m loving how green it is.  The rain doesn’t even bother me.  This is the time of year to have a picnic or fly a kite.  I’m very fortunate to have a job that requires me to go outside and smell the honeysuckle or count the ants.  Today an adult wild Turkey came to the backdoor and tried to attack his reflection in the glass.  It was quite a sight to behold.  Turkeys are such odd looking birds.  This is their breeding season, so I’m sure he was out looking for the perfect female.  I wish him luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment