Thursday, June 2, 2011

Birthday for Pooh

It was a bright and beautiful day from the get go.  The cheerful sound of birds chirping in the trees.  Pooh ran faster than a jackrabbit while we were exploring a local park. Afterwards, I tasted the moose with my gal pal.  This private selection ice cream blend was packed with flavor.  Explosions of dark chocolate competed to dominate our taste buds.  Suddenly, out of the darkness, a surprise attack by smooth caramel enhanced by crunchiness.  We took turns alternating between grabbing spoonfuls of yummy and giggling like school girls.  Smiling, we stood there sucking the cream off our utensils until all of it was gone.  Call it a labor of love... Pooh turned 7 years old.  She has reached midlife with no crisis.  We are going to throw a party in her honor on Friday.  I can’t help remembering her as a puppy, how adorable she was.  I would not trade my memories of her puppyhood for a million dollars.  Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night and she was right in my face, looking at me with her large round eyes.  I smiled and she kissed my nose.  Pooh’s life is definitely impacted by the pull of bed gravity.  She sleeps a lot.    She does not engage in premarital texting behavior like a lot of teenagers do.  I am proud of that fact.  I tried to raise her to be the best chihuahua ever.  She is good looking, smart, funny, makes great eye contact, and loves to have her belly scratched.  Cheers to Miss Pooh, Pooh bear....

No comments:

Post a Comment